Hepful Hints, Kitchen gadgets, tasty tips, can all be found online or you may receive them from you mother, family and friends. Here are a few that I’ve found recently and wish to share with you. You, too, can feel free to share these helpful hints with your kids, or other friends or family members.
Did you know…..
1. Store spices properly. You should always keep your spices in dark, cool places. Do not store them above your stove. The humidity, light and heat can cause the herbs and spices to lose their flavor.
2. Prepare the tried and true. If you are looking to entertain and prepare a nice meal or dessert for a verify important person like your pastor, future in-laws or boss, you will not want to make a new recipe. They don’t always pan out the first time. You should always create a dinner that you know you’ve perfected.
3. Undercook Pasta: No one likes to eat mushy pasta. If you wish to prevent that from happening, be sure to uncook it slightly. Simply cook it for one (1) minute less than the instructions. Never fear, though, you can finish cooking it in the pan with the sauce.
4. Add oil when needed. If you find the need to add more oil when you are cooking you meal, you will want to pour the oil in a small stream along the edges of the pan. When you do this, the oil will heat up before it reaches the food that you are preparing.
5. Deep Fry Foods easily. Oh how I hate the mess that I make when deep frying food. When deep frying in a skillet or pan, I struggle with the food sticking to the bottom of the pan. I have found, however, that when placing the chicken or other food into the cooking oil, that I hold it up off the bottom briefly to prevent it from sticking. So, using long tongs as you place it to the oil, you can keep it just below the oil’s surface, but off the bottom. Do this for a period of five (5) seconds before letting into the oil.
Watch for more helpful hints, tasty tips and handy kitchen gadgets that you can share with your family and friends. If you have any helpful hints, or tasty tips that you would like to share with our readers, please make note below in the comment section. We will be happy to recognize your submission in a future blog with your permission.